First Time Cruisers

This is our first cruise and I was wondering which option is better. The cloud nine spa room balcony or an Ocean suite. We are a family of three. Thank You !

Tags: Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Sunshine

8 Answers

Welcome to Cruiseline :)  Enjoy your new addiction!!

I see from the tag you are sailing on the Carnival Sunshine.  We had an awesome cruise on her a couple of years ago. 

Honestly, on the Sunshine, you do have to be careful about your room location. There were new cabins added during a rebuild, and some are reported to be very noisy.  It's important to consider what is above and below you when you make your choice.  Try to get a cabin "sandwiched" between other cabins. 

As far as whether to choose a spa cabin or an ocean suite, consider whether you would enjoy the spa amenities and be sure to understand exactly what is included in your fare.  Some are disappointed to learn that massages and other treatments may be discounted, but are not an included amenity. 

I liked the suite.  Big and roomy

Friends we cruise with had a spa balcony on the Sunshine and they loved it!

I'd pick the suite, not everyone might want or use the spa package. If the price is comparable, you'll have more space in a suite than a spa balcony. Either choice would be good, I personally prefer more space.

My first cruise was a balcony...loved it, that was what got me hooked on cruising

With the Spa Balcony, only the first two guests have spa privileges -- the third is left out or charged extra.

OTOH, if you like to take advantage of the Thalassotherapy pool, steam rooms and sauna, then the spa room may be the best choice.

Welcome to the site and to cruising! I have not been in either of those type rooms, but wish you the best!

How lucky you are to have that choice.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.