First time cruiser!!!

Hello, I am a first time cruiser, and I was told that you have to pack travel size personal items like toothpaste, toothbrush, body wash. Is this true or can you pack any size? Do anyone have recommendations on where to eat in Nassau? 

2 Answers

Welcome aboard. First most cruise ships have things such as body wash, shampoo, condition already in your cabin but yes tooth brush and tooth paste you will need. As to size there is no restriction from the ship side of things. If there are any restrictions that will be on the airline side and you would need to consult the airline that you are using if you are using one. They have restrictions on weight and certain items where the cruise ship does not have the same restrictions. Smaller sizes is more of a convenience than a necessity for the ship.

As for places to eat in Nassau .. well some like to eat on the ship and just visit the port. But there is a very popular haunt about 10 or 15 minute walk from the port. If you come out of the port gate and go to the right you pass a number businesses including the straw market and there is Senior Frogs which is a very popular place. A bit past there there is Junkanoo Beach which is also popular for cruise passengers. There are a number of other eateries but I am not overly familiar with those. The cake at the Bahama Rum Cake Factory is pretty good too but is not a substitute for a meal.

As OldGreyWolf said, the cruise ship doesn't care what size your personal items are. Just realize there isn't a lot of space in most of the bathrooms and you don't want to fill your suitcase with them instead of other things. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.