First time cruiser

Hello all, this will be my first cruise, any advice 

7 Answers

Don’t be intimidated

Dont over eat

Don’t  try to do excursions in every port

Relax, rest.  Take time to enjoy the ship

Put your phone in Airplane Mode if you intend to use it as your camera.

Thanks but need to know what should I pack

1. What is your sail date?

2. What is your itinerary?

3. How many days is your cruise?

4. Do you have plans for any excursions and if so, what are they?

5. Are you flying to the port or driving?

Welcome aboard. Best piece of advice. Relax and have fun. Cruising is addictive so be prepared to get hooked. Your first hour on the ship will blow you away.

If you are looking for advice I would recommend starting by going through a number of the older posts as there are many questions that have been asked a number of times. And then if you have specific questions on the ship you are sailing on the itinerary or other things you may think about post a question and be prepared for lots of feedback as this a a great group and very helpful.

Cheers,

Well, then, you should  have asked that.  Let’s see....Western Caribbean in August ?  You won’t need that parka you’re thinking about bringing ( just in case ).   Bring a pair of pants that are 1 size larger than what you normally wear. Also, get those little extension buttons for the pants.  It is after all your first cruise, and you will over eat, despite my previous warning.   Oh, that gym you pass on the way to the spa, isn’t real.  The equipment is just a series of holograms.

As previously noted... first and foremost---enjoy the cruise. If the posters on the site are any indication you will become hooked. As to what to wear? Bring light, easily washable clothing. Skirts or Skorts for the ladies, and light dress pants for the guys. Depending on the ship and length of the cruise, maybe plan for a dress up night. Since this is your first cruise, plan on spending a bit on pictures. Those are great momentos.  Oh and bring hats, or buy them in ports...

Chill and enjoy!!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.