first time. cruiser

Hi everyone, i will be taking my first cruise march 2, on the Elation. I will be traveling with four teenagers ages 13, 16, 17, and 18. Any suggestions on do's and dont's

6 Answers

I have not cruised on this ship so I can't advise you.specifically  Just have a good time.  Your teenagers will find other teens and they will no doubt go off on their own.  Just encourage them to be open and friendly with others their age.  Sometimes it will up to them to introduce themselves and make the first move. The ship probably has a teen room.  They should go there and make friends.  Perhaps the 17 & 18 may be too old for the teen room but let them decide that.   Be open to any family oriented activities offered by the ship.  Usually the pool is another good place for kids to meet.  Luckily you have three teens so they can go together for activities. 

Hi tunja, welcome to cruiseline.com!  Don’t be surprised if you don’t see the kids much during the cruise.  They’ll make friends and enjoy the age-specific activities organized by the cruise line.  Most importantly, relax and enjoy your vacation!  You’ll probably be planning your next cruise before this one is finished!

Please let us know how it went ?  

Hi, We just got back from our cruise and we had an awesome time!! You guys were right, I rarely saw my kids they were off doing their own thing. Thanks for the advice We will definitely be cruising again!

Hi tunja, glad to hear you had such a great time on your first cruise!  If you get a chance, we’d love to hear all about it over in the Reviews section!  And be sure to come back here to the Forum and tell us all about your plans for your next cruise, or ask questions if you’d like any advice or suggestions while planning!

So Glad that you enjoyed your first Cruise.  Like all addicts we like to have more join us  LOL  The Elation is a great ship for a first cruise to see if you like being on a ship.  I still enjoy going on some of her sister ships out of Los Angeles for the short get aways.

Please feel free to ask question in the forum about any future cruises you may be thinking of.   A lot of us on here have done 20 to 50 cruises and odds are one of us has been on each ship and itinerary 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.