pompdor
Contributor Level: Deck Hand

First family cruise .

Sailing on Oasis of the Seas on Feb 25. We were assigned open seating but I'm not sure how th his works and hope it is the right thing. My last cruise was over 20 years ago and you sat at sa me table at the same time for the duration. Also was wondering if anyone has sailed to port of San Juan and St. Martin since the hurricanes, and what the conditions were at these ports.a  (Sorry to be so long winded)Happy

Tags: Dining and port conditions

3 Answers

BonMike
Contributor Level: Captain

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on booking your first family cruise. I haven’t been on this particular ship, but with open seating, you will be able to go the the dining room whenever you wish during the open hours. You will be asked each evening if you would like to sit with others, or just as a family. If you find a particular wait staff that you like, you can even ask to be seated in their area on following evenings. 

Please come back with any questions you think of - there are a lot of well seasoned cruisers here to help us newbies, and we learn from each other. Join in on any threads - we are a pretty friendly group - the more the merrier. Happy

Happy cruising.

AuntPinkie
Contributor Level: Captain

We will be in both of those ports net week.  When it is just us (or maybe one more couple) we request the open seating.  It is convenient as you can go to dinner any time.

Welcome to the forum and back to cruising.

akaGrandmaJo
Contributor Level: Staff Captain

Welcome to Cruiseline :)

We were on the 2nd RCI cruise out of San Juan and our stop in St Maarten was switched to St Kitts.  San Juan was still in pretty rough condition at that time.  I'm anxious to hear from folks visiting those ports now.  We had been in San Juan the year previous and it was heartbreaking to see the destruction.  

Looking forward to Aunt Pinkie's report, and hope you come back and tell us about your experience as well.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.