1. 23 to date. Done lots of Mexico since I live in L.A., CA and have the port 45 min drive away, Alaska, Caribbean Islands, Greek Islands, Transatlantic Rome to florida and transatlantic from San Juan Puerto Rico to South Hampton England.
2. My parents were addicted to cruising. They started on their 24th anniversary on the Pacific Princess (The Love Boat in the 1970's) Dad had to convince mom to try it for him, just the 3 night to start. Dad loved being on a ship since he was on a destroyer for WWII. After that mom did not care where she went as long is it was on a ship. When I was settled in at my profession and had vacation time with no idea what to do with it mom suggested take a cruise. That started the addiction for me.
3. No other motives. Back in those days there were not cell phones and ships did not get TV, so it was a total escape.
4. My only reluctance is I hate swimming.
5. The best thing about cruising is all of it. Being waited on, having maid service, meals prepared, laundry done, meeting new people, making new friends, learning new things, seeing new places not having to carry luggage to each city you see and only having to unpack once. I tell friends it is like staying in a 5 star resort and every day you get to wake up and explore a different city.
6. I am looking at a 120 day round the world cruise on Cunard, only problem is finding a friend to go with me. Most likely I will go to Alaska with family this summer on Celebrity and take a couple of the Baja Cruises on Carnival (since they run in and out of L.A.) I'm also looking into Panama Canal on Celebrity and thinking it is time to try a European River Cruise.