Fathom Cruise line to cease operations mid 2017

http://cruiseradio.net/social-impact-line-fathom-ends-service-in-mid-2017/

Tags: Fathom

7 Answers

I did not think it would go over well to pay for a cruise and have to do charity work most days of the trip.....  I would not have paid to work.  I saw them mark it down to $ 249.00 for a week to the Dominican Republic Cruise months ago,   I knew it was not doing well then.  

If the cruise had gone to Cuba as originally intended, I think it would have had limited success. Quite honestly, Fathom was started as a way to visit Cuba, so I don't feel quite so selfish when I say I would rather spend my limited vacation time and money enjoying relaxing with my family.

Pay to Work ...... Huh.... Work on a cruise Huh... I will pass anyway we have enough charity work here in Colorado that can be done locally as well as I am sure there enough young and older volunteers that can help there own country.   Work on a Cruise my mind will not allow me. 

More discussion on this topic is found at:

http://cruiseline.com/forum/post/cancelled

It was something that the cruiseline tried but it didn't entice enough people, it seems. Perhaps they will sail to Cuba as originally planned, in the future.

I would not mind a cruise to Cuba, but I refuse to do any work that may prop up their government.

I still hold a grudge from the 60s.

Can't blame you there my farther was born in Cuba never once did I here him say anything good about it actually he rarely spoke about it till his passing , so yes not on my radar at all but I am going to Bahamas on the Booze cruise Norwegian Star in January 2017 getting cold in Denver real cold so time to warm up the toes here pretty quick. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.