ctav
Contributor Level: Captain

Embarkation Day

Walking up the gang plank and getting to tap on the hull of the ship is exciting for me? What part of Embarkation day is exciting for you?

Tags:

8 Answers

noname111

Crossing over from shore to ship and hearing that ~DOINK~ sound.

OldGreyWolf
Contributor Level: Cruise Director

All of it. Waking up in the morning I feel like at kid at Christmas so anxious to get to the tree. The ride to the port and the wait to board build up expectations. Then they call your group number for boarding and the rush and thrill of crossing the water on gangway and finally setting foot on the ship. And no matter how familiar it seems or feels or is it is still always so fresh and new. And then the food and exploring the ship, I feel like a kid in a candy shop. And of course the sail away. It is all so exciting.

Great answers everyone! all of it is exciting, i think for me the best part is when we cross from the gangway hear the dong and set foot onto the ship! Especially this time seeing the ship set up for Christmas and seeing how my special dude's eyes lit up and him saying "Christmas!"

BonMike

I agree with everyone. From the time we pack our clothes, fly to the port city and then a day or two later when we actually arrive at the port to go through embarkation, the excitement rises. We are grinning like kids at Christmas as we walk the gangway towards the doorway of the ship and then my jaw drops as we walk into the lobby and look around. So exciting!

cruznjan
Contributor Level: Staff Captain

Getting on the ship, and then seeing the ship push off from the dock.

akaGrandmaJo
Contributor Level: Cruise Director

That first look up into the Atrium--still a magical moment for me Love

DVCruise

Arriving at the port and seeing the ship docked and ready ... I think I would cry if I got to the port and the ship wasn't there....then every minute thereafter is exciting!

ctav

I agree with you on this one!!!!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.