Ecoship in 2020

I was bored before work and found this article. http://cruisefever.net/09062-deal-signed-develop-cruise-ship-powered-wind-solar/

A wind and solar powered cruise ship?!? The concept drawings of the front look NOTHING like a typical cruise ship, other than a general size and maybe the side with the balconies and safety boats... I wonder if it will actually come to fruition, and how many there will be... I bet the price will be expensive too

Tags: solar powered cruise ships wind powered green ship

8 Answers

Didn't they used to have wind and solar power ships in the 1700's? Nothing like progress!:)

That would be a cruise that I don't think many wanted to take, or  took voluntarily either... 

Obviously the shape of things to come.

Wonder how much more the fare will be?

That is what I'm saying!

$$$$$$$$$$

Nice ideas but it seems more like the automobile concept car.... an exercise for the designer's ego but not particularly practical. As with cars, I'm sure that some of these innovations will find a place on cruise ships of the future. Will be interesting to see!

This may be the wave of the future.  The new buzz word is Green. 

A wind powered ship. How..................original Surprised

Will it be made of that newly developed substance called  " wood " ?

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.