Clrg
Contributor Level: Deck Hand

Disappointed

At this moment I am in the Allure of the seas. The same boat I traveled 3 years ago. I am very disappointed, in this opportunity, my first experience was to ask 4 times to the person who was serving me my salad that gives me more mozzarella cheese and even then, I only get 5 balls, I clarify that I am not obese, nor opted For going on a cruise to eat nonstop. Then my cabin was dirty, no ventilation and with the mattress overdue, luckily came a supervisor and moved us for a slightly better mattress. In the bathroom there were only a few soaps, only if the passenger asks, they can give you shampoo, conditioner or shower gel, our cabin attendant told us that they had changed the policy to reduce expenses. In my previous trips have always received me with a gift in the room for being a gold member, that does not exist anymore. And the most incredible thing is that at this moment is starting Christmas and there has not been a single celebration, not even at dinner. On my previous trip I felt treated like a first class passenger, now we have paid much more expensive, of course this is because it is a special date, and the service is 5 times lower. The exception is the restaurant where we are perfectly catered for. If I could choose, I would ask for my money back and I would return home

Tags: Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

12 Answers

TERRI1962
Contributor Level: Captain

Merry Christmas to you , hang in there and make the best of it.

ctav

Dude, you're at sea on a cruise ship what could be better than not getting a few extra cheese balls for your salad.

The cruise industry is cutting back on any thing they can including staffing, it's the Corporate  American way and try not to show your self entitlement on board. Chances are the ships crew is wishing they were home spending Christmas with their family.

BonMike

What a wonderful way to spend the holidays, cruising! Yes it would be disappointing if there are no special celebrations, but a little research ahead of time may have prepared guests for this. Since today is Christmas, perhaps something special will be done. I hope you don't have your vacation spoiled by the lack of a few cheese balls. There is so much wasted food that there are cutbacks, and the waiter obviously didn't know you wanted more, before you asked for him. The same goes for the shower gel, and hair products. Many people prefer their own brand for a variety of reasons, so your cruiseline is saving money by not having them wasted. That in turn saves the cost of cruising from escalating.

Hopefully these trivia issues won't ruin your vacation, and you will be able to enjoy all that the ship and ports have to offer. 

Merry Christmas.

ToddTheCruiser
Contributor Level: Staff Captain

I totally agree with Bon.  Cutbacks on unnecessary crap like the soap or lousy shampoo in the shower do keep costs down.  Who uses that junk anyway?   

AuntPinkie

Sorry you are having a less than stellar cruise.  It is sad when things don't measure up to your expectations.  We have been spoiled and we ten to expect the same level of service,especially when we pay more.  Keep your chin up and find the silver lining... I know you can!

Clrg

I have no doubt that the crew wishes to be with their family more than to be working here. And sincerely it hurts for them, I wish I could do something for them. On the other hand that my family and I are vacationing does not mean that we should pay more than $ 3000 each to see how Royal Caribbean manages misery. I just wrote the cheese thing to tell you how welcome it was. Anyway, this trip, in this boat I already did and in this opportunity invite my children with the illusion of feeling just as good and I am very disappointed

Clrg

I have no doubt that the crew wishes to be with their family more than to be working here. And sincerely it hurts for them, I wish I could do something for them. On the other hand that my family and I are vacationing does not mean that we should pay more than $ 3000 each to see how Royal Caribbean manages misery. I just wrote the cheese thing to tell you how welcome it was, buy the water I had to ask him many times.

On the other hand, if it were economizing and caring for the environment, should not it be the same for all passengers? Which would be the reason that the attendant of my cabin replied that the shampoo, conditioner and more, only put it in the toilets of the cabins of the highest category.

Anyway, this trip, in this boat I already did and in this opportunity invite my children with the illusion of feeling just as good and I am very disappointed

Clrg

I have no doubt that the crew wishes to be with their family more than to be working here. And sincerely it hurts for them, I wish I could do something else than a good tip for them. On the other hand that my family and I are vacationing does not mean that we should pay more than $ 3000 each to see how Royal Caribbean manages misery. I just wrote the cheese thing to tell you how welcome it was. On the other hand, if it were economizing and caring for the environment, should not it be the same for all passengers? Which would be the reason that the attendant of my cabin replied that the shampoo, conditioner and more, only put it in the toilets of the cabins of the highest category. Anyway this trip, in this boat I already did and in this opportunity I invited my children with the illusion of feeling like the first time and I am very disappointed

ctav

ECHO

echo

cruznjan
Contributor Level: Staff Captain

So sorry. I hope your next cruise is better for you.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.