Contributor Level: Second Mate

Review by BostonCruisers

Poor experience

In response to review, BostonCruisers says ...

Stay away from Norwegian Breakaway

Tags: Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian Breakaway Caribbean - Bahamas

5 Answers

Contributor Level: Captain

I'm booked for the Feb 2nd sailing.

you need to elaborate on your experience.

This would be a very long list of complaints. Bottom line: Not Happy, very dissapointed.

You can not turne around without phusically bumping into somebody, especially in buffet- everytime time you turn your elbow is in someone's plate or vice versa. Buffet mainly serves pasta dishes and pizza, very few counters are open (about 15%, the rest are closed and empty); it does not matter if you make a reservation or not- evrything is a disaster starting with about 2hours is wait to get onthe ship and even worse experience geting off.  Everbody we talked to on this cruise were very dissapointed and said they would not do it again!!!!!

Contributor Level: Captain

Thank you.

I've heard various complaints about the crowds. This is unusual for me to take a ship of this size. But, she's new, she leaves from NY, and we had to cancel the new Princess ships trans Atlantic crossing in October.   We prefer smaller ships.

I've cruised with NCL 6 times before this, so we'll see how this one goes.

thanks again for the review

There is way more than one free restaurant.... the Manhattan Room, Taste, Savor, the Garden Cafe, and O'Sheehan's are complimentary. The rest of your review was helpful though.
Contributor Level: Admiral

I was sorry to hear that you had such a disappointing experience on the ship.  Two hours to board a ship is way too excessive.  The worst that I have run into was 45 minutes on a Princess ship and on a HAL ship in Seattle.  I hope that the ship corrects these problems.

* is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. is not responsible for content on external web sites.