Cruise Insurance

I have never bought cruise insurance but after reading nightmare stories I perhaps will fork out the extra 160$

18 Answers

I get the insurance every time and it paid off once for me.

We always get the insurance, not so much for the cruise fare but for the medical and medical evacuation coverage.

BTW, price coverage through a site such as Squaremouth or Trip Insurance Store.  You

will likely get better coverage at a lower price than if you buy through the cruiseline.

Medical is a must , Evacuation is a plus , total coverage now that's the way to go no doubt, As we know you don't have to purchase thru lines there are other options online. in my eyes its a must have. HAPPY HOLIDAYS................... 

I never got it when I was younger (in my 30's),  now I get it on every trip.  

I prefer to get it from a outside company.  The insurance sold by the cruise lines only cover the cruise not the air tickets or hotels pre or post cruise.  Over the years I have had to use it for myself a couple times and dad had gotten sick before a cruise and it paid off then.   For me it has more then paid off over the years.

Always get some insurance, if nothing else it gives you peace of mind.

I completely agree. It's money well spent for us.

It's the next thing I do after making the booking. 

The cost is a small price to pay when you consider what the cost would be if something happens and you don't have it. 

We always get insurance and we use a third party supplier so we can also cover flights, hotels, excursions, transfers and anything else we may have booked outside of the cruise line.  We’ve had to use it more than once and found it to be an extremely good investment.

I always get it.

I've never needed auto or life insurance either, but still carry those too.

Ditto

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.