Christmas Cruise

Thinking about taking a Christmas cruise next year. For those of you that have taken one, how was your experience?

30 Answers

We have sailed on a Christmas cruise the week before and several Easter cruises. The ship is always decorated beautifully. We had a great time.

I just cannot see myself peeling away from the typical family event of the season. Perhaps some year but I highly doubt it. New Years, definitely!

I am very interested in the Christmas cruise, but I know being away from the traditional Christmas festivities would be hard. would be ok with New Years, but wonder if there are a lot of people that might over indulge. We would be sailing with our young daughter. I know there is kids clubs on board so probably wouldn't be an issue. I might be over thinking it.

We cruised over NYE 2016-17. The party for the countdown is on the Lido deck. Camp does have a kids party so she could go there. My daughter had a lot of fun and when I picked my daughter up from camp and we just avoided the lido deck it was really crowded.

We've sailed the week before Christmas for the past few years and love it! First, the ship is decorated with all Christmas stuff. And the ports are decorated too. Second, the weather in the Caribbean is ideal. Not too terribly hot but still warm enough for swimming. Finally, it's the perfect time to do some Christmas shopping. The only negative I can think of is that flying home is quite expensive because it's so close to Christmas. Enjoy!

If the entire family could go then we would and then the expense of it all. Well!!!

I'm going on the Norwegian Epic on Dec 15th till the 22nd. Can't wait! I'm excited to experience the Christmasness on a Cruiseship! :)

I wouldn’t want to be away from om home at Christmas, but cruising earlier in December to see the ship decorations would be great.

I have cruised on Christmas a few times

Christmas Cruise

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.