Christmas Cruise

Thinking about taking a Christmas cruise next year.  For those of you that have taken one, how was your experience?  

28 Answers

I have never taken a Christmas or other holiday cruise, but I have never heard any serious complaints about them. Most have really enjoyed the extra decorations and atmosphere.

I have done the week before X-mass,  it is great,  the ship is decorated,  it is not fully booked (people are to busy getting ready for X-mass to cruise)  and the price is good.    

I have cruised during Thanksgiving,  we were in Europe.  Celebrity had the traditional Thanksgiving dinner as one of the choices in the MDR that was very good.  

Just finished one a week before. Debarked on Dec 22. It was awesome. One of these years I too would like to try a Christmas one.

We have not actually sailed on Christmas.because we figured there would be lots of children... so we go 2-3 weeks before.

Same as Aunt Pinkie for me. We sailed Carnival in early December and the decorations were beautiful - there were so many Christmas trees around the ship. Never sailed on the actual holiday, though. 

I've never done a cruise over Christmas but usually go the week before.  I've always had a great time.  Weather is great, water is perfect, and the ship is decorated very festively.  It is nice to see how how places celebrate the Christmas holiday.  I would like to cruise over Christmas but that is week is always so expensive!

I just have done Xmas and New year cruise with NCL from Barcelona to Canary island and Morocco, it was very beautiful, all the ship was decorated and a lot of things to do. I will do the same cruise next Xmas too. My suggestion? Do it

I've taken a few Christmas cruises, loved them all!  They even had Santa on some of the ships for the kids.  I even got to help out the Kids Club one year with a Holiday Concert for the parents!

No Xmas cruise here. However,  I've boarded the day after for a NYE cruise had a grest time. What I can tell you about a Xmas cruise is to expect to pay a lot more because Xmas and NYE cruises are the most costly. 

Enjoy.

I have a friend who has taken one with her immediate family. My family is quite small so we are going on one this year, Symphony of the Seas 12/22-29. I hear the decorations and ambiance is absolutely amazing. Everyone is jolly and merry in the holiday/new year spirit. I hope others comment who have had the experience or know someone who has and report their review of the week.

Great question!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.