Christmas Cruise

Has anyone every been on a Christmas cruise?  What is it like?  Are the menus changed to accommodate the traditional christmas feast or are the just whatever?  Do you feel odd being there at Christmas?

Sorry for all the questions, I have thought on this one for a time and talked about it with my wife and just wanted to get others thoughts?

11 Answers

Great questions. We are awaiting the responses as well.

I'd like to find out myself. Aside from the increased cost per person, I like the idea.

The people that were on the SS Poseidon loved X-mass but did not like NYE.   Sorry had to do that one.

I do know the ship is decorated for X-mass and some of the bars played X-mass music non-stop (we had to ask bar tender to change music,  after a couple days the same x-mass music over and over just annoying in the Crown lounge)

I perhaps would feel strange being on a cruise over Xmas but that is just me.  I was on a cruise on HAL just before Xmas and the ship was beautifully decorated.  For me, I think that I would rather cruise over New Years.  Everyone is difference, so go with what feels right for you. 

I have cruised right before Christmas and one New Years Eve , I would not do New Years Eve again it cost to much

I agree it would be weird over Christmas to cruise for sure, and the cost is absolutely out of this world!  I wonder, is there anything special due to the higher cost?

The special is you do not have to spend X-mass with the extended family   Big Smile

Haven't been on Christmas, but have been the week before. It had the holiday festive atmosphere with Christmas trees and lights at every turn. They had a  nice Christmas made purely of baked goods. I don't think I would go during Christmas, but I would definitely go the week before again.

It would be fun to have a suite on board and have the family for Christmas dinner on board... Then do the New year portion with the wife and good friends.... But I need to win the lottery for that,,, as my friends and I tend to drinks a bit.......

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.