I'm not in the "Travel Industry" as you state you are but I have been on 7+ cruises as well. First off, there is NO OV cabin # 283 on the Paradise. You tried to cancel your cruise 3 days prior to sailing? Unless you have travel insurance, you DO realize you would have gotten ZERO refund right? Because, as a "Travel Industry" professional, you would know without insurance you have to cancel NO EARLIER than 70-90 days (depending on cruise line) from sailing for ANY full refund and the amount goes down by days as you get closer to sailing. BUT, you would get nothing back for cancelling 3 days out without insurance. READ YOUR CONTRACT!!! Research before booking a cruise is essential, but being in the "Travel Industry", I guess you know that as well.
Review by phil793
In response to review, CrusinTim says ...
You all know well what you all did! So save it. So do not deflect it!
A couple questions regarding your review.
1. Who did you book it through ?
2. What date did you book it?
3. What date did you try to cancel it ?
4. Did you book it with interline rates since you claim to be in the travel industry ?
5. Did you look up the ship and Cruise line before you booked it ?
6. Did you read your Cruise Contract ?
7. How do you know the ship has water leaks ? Did you go into the hull to see it ?
8. Did you call housekeeping and request an Ice Bucket ? I have left a note for my cabin steward and I got an Ice bucket no problem.
With reading your review I got the feeling that your just unhappy that you could not cancel. I think that no matter what would have happened you would have been unhappy. What did you expect fora 4 night Cruise on a an old ship on Carnival line ? Did you expect food and service like Crystal for the price you paid on Carnival? I hope you did not spread your joy to your table mates at dinner, maybe they knew what to expect and they had a good trip.
P.S. I'm not in the travel industry, but have Cruised enough to know what I'm in for if I book a cheap 4 night Carnival Cruise.