JusMe
Contributor Level: Captain

Carnival Concert Series

I was on the Carnival Victory for the 05-05-16 Journey concert.   WOW,  it was great,  such a small venue, comfortable seating,  good view and so close up that you can see the facial expressions of the band.   the sound system is also good.   I saw Journey last year at The Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles and so much better in the small ship theater.

If a group you like is on a Carnival ship,  go for it,  so much better then a concert hall or outdoor theater.  I will look to see who is on Carnival next year and I'll book in a heart beat of I like the band.

Only down side was no sales of concert t-shirts on board.

Tags: Carnival Cruise Lines

3 Answers

Johngold

Monique and I looked into a cruise with Carnival a while ago because the group Celtic Thunder were looking at doing a cruise as well. I still want to go and do this some time in the future, but this is what happened. I found the cruise and date on  the Carnival site. As fan club members of the group we had advance notice of the dates. I put a deposit on the cruise to hold the cabin. I was informed two days later that the reservation number was suspended and held pending the result of the request. The price went up quite a bit from the original, something like 2.5 times. they asked if I wanted to rebook at the higher rate. I said not and they returned my deposit.

I asked about all the other folks who booked the cruise if they were asked the same thing. Carnival indicated that they were informed, some cancelled, some chose to pay the higher rate.

I thought this odd but business is business. I did not know they could do things like that.

I still want to do a Celtic Thunder cruise, but that will have to wait. I'm glad I now know more.

meghad23

Carnival ships do the Ship Rocked series.. A number of different rock bands in January. Every time I forget about the trip and either don't have the money, time off or its too short of notice :( One day .....

That sounds nice. I like Journey too. I've never seen them in concert. So, its Ship Rocked in January. Would like to check them out next January, but got a cruise in April and in May. Doing Italy for 13 days in August.... Gotta pace myself. Thanks for the info--I will check out Carnivals website just to see what's going with them.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.