13 Answers

My husband would not last that many days on a cruise ship.  He nearly went overboard on our 15 day Panama Canal transit (I was fine).

24 days sounds great on a ship.   I have done a few 14 night cruises and I hated to get off the ship at the end.  On a 24 night cruise I doubt there would be lots of kids,    I think it would be all older folks that have that kind of time off from work.   Not my 1st choice of line but I'd consider it if I had a friend to go with.

I’m with your hubby AuntPinkie - I’m not sure I’d even like a B2B, ‘cause I like land vacations too. Next spring we will be doing an 8 day + 6 day, so maybe I’ll change my mind about longer cruises.

We have a 12 day Journeys cruise schedule for February.  I think that might be his limit.  We have done a 4 day on one ship, an overnight in Miami, then a 7 day and he enjoyed that.  So time will tell.  I think the problem on the transit was that the transit was the purpose of the cruise and once that was done he was ready to come home.  The rest of the ports were of little interest to him.

Been on 2 14 day cruises so far. Have to pass on this one as I have crossed the equator on a naval warship(I am a shellback), and I sailed up the Siagon river in Viet nam on a destroyer during the viet nam war. During this time we went to Brisbane Australia, auckland New zealand, pago pago american samoa, guam, hong kong, japan, and hawaii.  This was called a west pac cruise and I bet no cruise ship can beat this cruise.  Thank you taxpayers.  Wait a minute!!!  I am a taxpayer now!!

I would love a 24 night. My wife on the other hand might not. It would depend on how many port stops there are and how the space in between is. 

Perfect length of a cruise for me. Less than three weeks drives me nuts. Seems like on a two weeker you no more than get on board and unpacked than they are making plans for your disembarkation. Also, a fair number of sea days included is a must as well.  

Longer cruises are not for everyone.  Our most recent cruises were 113, 115,  38, 10 and 94 days long.  If I am going to pack, hold my mail and clean our my fridge, I want it to be for a longer cruise.  As I am retired, I have the time and the desire to cruise longer.  Of course if you are still working you can't do that nor may you have even the desire to do so.  Everyone is different and has different desires & situations.  How wonderful that Carnival is offering more options.  I will check out where these longer cruise go.  I used to sail Carnival frequently.

Actually it's only 1 24 day cruise.  Splendor is going to sail year round for Carnival Australia.

Did that get changed again? First Splendor was being transferred to P & O then she was only repositioned to the Left Coast?

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.