Booking your cruise

Whats the longest cruise countdown that you've had? Do you book last minute , 6 months in advance, a year in advance????

24 Answers

Since I am working I wouldnt take a chance to book out more than 6 months.. I have to make sure I have the availability with others on my schedule... Meaning.  I ask people with more seniority than I if they are possibly planning anything for a the time I want to cruise... Never had a problem yet... But... A year out is to much in the unknown.  

That is the main advantage of being an old phart -- I have the seniority at my workplaceBig Smile

And if that fails, I will just start cashing in my 1 year of accrued sick leave!

Tend to book close to a year away, as I book based on three items: itinerary, cabin location, and cost. Once booked, look for price drops and specials.

Note: Never cruised over Christmas, but have many cruises during the proceeding two weeks. SO much cheaper for the exact same cruise. Same decorations. And away from the NY cold. Win, win, win !

This is one of the benefits of retirement. Love We can book anytime, but really like cruising during the Winter to get to a warm place (compared to Colorado) and during the school year when there are fewer children onboard.

We can now book pretty much when we want to, but we prefer late Feb or March to get away from our dreary winters. 

I have 14 years in.. 5 people are senior to me.   Sucks.. But it seems to work out.  I have pretty good people I work with.  We all understand that when vacations that includes airfare or bookings your locked in so people work it out.  

The longest countdown has been 21 months; the shortest was about 90 days. On average, we usually book about 6 months out. 

We book on board usually 1 1/2 years out. Currently shopping for 2019. 

Welcome to the forum.  Keep posting.

Thanks. Good to be back. Forgot password but all good now. Amazing how many of us have cruising on the brain. No other way to travel. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.