vlatko
Contributor Level: Deck Hand

11 Answers

BDRebel
Contributor Level: Captain

Sounds like a great idea. Smuggle a leatherman on board, mess with the barricades, and see how many people drive off the side!

And just think of the fun we can have listening to a dozen lawnmower engines all day at sea!

BonMike

I can understand the go carts and laser tag keeping the teens amused for sure. The bigger the variety of activities being offered, a more diverse age group may choose to cruise on these ships.

BDRebel

Laser tag isn't a bad idea. I just object to the noise pollution of the go-carts. (and the amount of deck space that is used up).

Granted, a few decades ago I would have thought it was a great idea.

glomarrone
Contributor Level: Admiral

Cruise lines keep trying to outdo one another with new attractions & amenities.  Just remember that the amenities add to the cost of the cruise.  However, it is exciting to see what they come up with next to wow us.  

BDRebel

Here is an interesting article on what Carnival is coming up with soon:

(You may need to copy/paste the web address into your browser)

http://blog.shipmateapp.com/cruise-ship-roller-coaster/

JCOAKML

Let me know when we can start shooting pier runners with paint balls as a ship board activity.  I’d definitely pay for that. 

BonMike

Gotta love those April Fool's Day posts. Thanks for the chuckle BDRebel.

JusMe

I guess I'm getting old,  I think a cruise ship should be a SHIP and not an amusement park.  If I wanted an amusement park I have Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, Disney Land and the Santa Monica pier all close by.  I like a relaxing seat with ocean view, bar service and some music playing that you can hear and yet still talk to people near by without having to yell. One of my best memories of cruising was a sea day afternoon in the Champagne Bar of the Radiance Of The Sea's sitting in big over stuffed chairs facing floor to ceiling windows splitting a couple bottles of good red wine and chocolate covered strawberries with a friend watching the ocean go by.

I'm a fan of some of the smaller ships like the Fantasy Class ships of carnival and the old RCI ships.   (when I started cruising ships were small,  Song Of America was only 37.5 K tons ) My favorite is Celebrity Solstice Class ships, large ship but lots of space, not packed with people and not many kids.   If I had kids or was cruising with family with kids,  then I could see a mega ship amusement park.  Since I tend to travel with friends my age and older I'll stick to the old style ships.   I cruised on the Vista and was not overly impressed.   I actually liked the year before better when we were on the Victory.

JusMe

For me the best "Cruise news of 2018" is when I book a cruise  Big Smile

BonMike

We've never used the waterslides on the ship, arcade, or even the mini golf, but I think they, and other attractions, are great to have for anyone who does enjoy them. We've seen so many families enjoying cruising together, and lots of time, we've seen adults being big kids on the slides. Ships are big enough to be able to find a quieter place to enjoy a beverage and talk with someone or to be boisterous. Cruises are suited to anyone and everyone these days, and that's what makes cruising to be a great choice of vacation. Happy

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.