Balcony

For the first time I am trying an AFT balcony on Carnival Magic.  Has anyone had one before.  Your opinion matters.  Thanks

12 Answers

Let me know if the noise is not too bad. From the back balcony on the Island Princess it was a bit noisy.

I usually get a side balcony as far forward as possible. Next cruise, I got a forward facing balcony -- looking forward to that.

The best thing about a forward balcony as opposed to the aft balcony, is I get to the port before youBig Smile

I have always purchased the side balcony midship in the past. I was getting cruise fever and they had one balcony on the entire ship left and it was the art one so I booked it. I'm curious about it.

Never had an aft balcony. Heard some complain about stack soot and others about propeller rumble, but my guess is that those complaints are exaggerated or don't exist on the average vessel.

We had never been in a forward facing balcony either until a year ago. Here was my impression of that one: "We had a mini-suite again but this one was different in that it was forward facing with a huge balcony, about 200 Sq. Ft, billed as a premium mini. I had my doubts when we booked this as I thought it would be very windy. I had also heard that they locked the balcony doors after the vessel was underway, however, others told me that was not true at all in fact they never locked the doors, fortunately that was the case, room steward told me that she had been assigned to those cabins for years and never heard of locking balcony doors. The big surprise was that actually the flow of air up over the bow made this balcony more comfortable than those on the sides. I was out on ours every day, even when moving at over 20 knots. The mini-suite itself was a little larger as well. But the sea days were real nice and we enjoyed our huge balcony immensely."

I preferred the side balcony. I had an aft balcony on carnival. It was not particularly noisy, but it was not private. The people above us could look down into our bacony, and we could see into the balconys below us. We also gained two hats and a t-shirt that fell onto our balcony. I think some of the newer designs have a more vertical back, which would eliminate the problem.

I hope the neighbors above can't see my balcony on Magic. Sometimes I like to lay out in my birthday suit.

I've found that the Downey Wrinkle Release spray doesn't work with Birthday SuitsSad

No wrinkles yet.

I have not booked one of these.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.