Any advice

What should I expect on my first cruise? I'm going to Mexico in November.

35 Answers

That is an open ended question....... have you looked at "guide for first time cruisers" and "cruising 101"?    go to the blue header and click on the "Advise" drop down.....that will be good information to get you started.

 

 

You can expect a good time.    Don't expect perfection, though you might get it.  Don't exhaust yourself.  Take time to enjoy a beach and the ship.  

Dont flash cash in port.  

'Take lots of pictures, with a camera.

You will over eat.  

'You will come home eager  to plan your next cruise.

 

expect to hear people complaining......ignore them

 

 

enjoy your cruise

come back and tell us about your experiences. The good and the bad.

Plenty of food (good, not gourmet. A lot better than I can get in my local restaurants).

Lots to do onboard -- don't try to do it all. Save some for the next trip.

A big-enough cabin. Quite a bit smaller than a hotel room, but big enough for a few days to sleep, shower and dress. A good place to relax alone also.

Friendly people - about 90% of your fellow cruisers are very friendly.

Rude people - about 10% of your fellow passengers will be rude. Don't let it get in your head -- refuse to stoop to their level and keep seeking the other 90%.

Loud music -- on the Lido and showroom clubs (Carnival). I have always found places to go to escape it.

Service oriented staff -- just ask and they will do their best to help you. (Stay polite with them and they will go above and beyond your expectations).

Rain and/or a cancelled (or changed) port is always a possibility. Although the Captain has supreme power on the ship, he still bows to the weather.

 

Will it meet and exceed your expectations? Maybe and maybe not. If you keep an open mind, though, you will find yourself having a good time in spite of yourself!Big Smile

I think the responses above have pretty well covered what I was thinking of. We also watched some You Tube videos of the ship we were going on for our first cruise, and they were made by passengers so we saw their experiences. I hope you have a fantastic time on your first cruise. Please come back and let us know what you thought of it.

Expect to have a great time but do your homework ahead of time.  Visit the  cruise line Website and read the Frequently Asked Questions so you know what to expect.  Be sure to take some excursions rather than just walking around the port.  Be friendly and you will meet lots of interesting people.  Just relax and enjoy yourself. 

FUN!!!  Go with a party attitude and don't be a "stick in the mud".  Do everything the ship has to offer.  Go on the excursions highly rated by the ship.  Eat, drink and be merry!!!

I agree with everything posted above!  You can learn so much from here before you, and being prepared is always a good thing!  Just relax, enjoy and have a great time!!!  Be sure to let us hear how much fun you have.  OH!  One more thing....you may be addicted to cruising when you come home!  Beware! Big Smile

Oh, I forgot to say don't drink the water.  Bring bottled water or water from the tap of the ship with you.  I have never had a problem on shore excursions run by the ship.  They take you to places where the water is safe to drink.  If you are on your own, play safe and bring your own water.  Drink soda in cans and don't add ice to it. 

 

You mean on excursions right ?  Nothing wrong with the water on the ship .

The ship's tap water is probably cleaner than the bottled water you buy.

The shore tap water, on the other hand, is probably best avoided. This includes ice cubes.

Reply

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.

Back to Top