Ted1955
Contributor Level: Cruise Director

Review by Ted1955

Buyer Beware Jr Suite 14232

In response to review, Ted1955 says ...

Shortly after writing this review I received my compensation which was applied to an already booked cruise in Sept 2015.  Thank you RC, but shame on you for putting us through this nightmare.

Tags: Royal Caribbean Caribbean - Eastern Allure of the Seas

6 Answers

Bubba54
Contributor Level: Captain

I am pleased you received compensation. However, it is sad you had to fight for it. But in the end it appears RC did the right thing

Misterg12
Contributor Level: Deck Hand

We are in the same room now with the same banging noise. It is our last day at sea and have not complained to this point but may give it a shot to seek some compensation. It really is annoying. 

JusMe

I had the same thing on NCL Star.   A popping everything the a/c turned on or off.   The cruise lines is just like Hotels and knows that they have bad rooms but they continue to book them.  I insisted that they change my cabin and they did the 2nd day of the Cruise.  No compensation from NCL just arguments at first until they offered a different cabin.  

noname111

We had an issue in a Sky Suite on the Celebrity Reflection. They moved to address the issue quickly while we were on board. The banging noise was resolved by the line continued to check in to be sure it was gone. We got a credit on the cruise, plus a certificate for a future cruise credit.  In all, it was well managed and we booked with Celebrity again as a result of how the situation was managed.

Ted1955
Contributor Level: Cruise Director

Sorry, tried to warn you.  We are both light sleepers, so it kept us up every night.  Cre even gave us ear plugs which helped.  I'm back on the Allure in March but made sure I was far away from that deck and room.  

glomarrone
Contributor Level: Admiral

Thanks for the warning about this cabin.  I am sure that it will help others.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.