Alcohol

Do you have to pre order alcohol to your room before you board the ship or can you order it while your on the ship?

10 Answers

That will depend upon the cruise lines and the ship. Check with your cruise lines

On Carnival it must be pre-ordered.

On Princess you can order wine or spirits at any time during the cruise from cabin service, we do it all the time. In addition you can preorder too, and have it waiting in your cabin upon embarkation, we do that also, prior to every cruise. 

On Carnival you can purchase a wine package once on board  and use it throughout your cruise

True and I think even on a 5-day cruise you can order the drink package once on board.  But if you want a bottle of your favorite "spirits" in your cabin, you have not been able to order it once on board. Also, you can bring a bottle of wine (including champagne) with you.

One bottle of wine per person. We just pour a glass and head to Promenade deck.

You can do it either way.

I'd check with the cruise line as each has different regulations regarding alcohol.

Agreed...do it while yer sober...otherwise the "I don't care" thang kicks in.....

On Carnival you can bring 1 bottle of wine or champagne per person over 21 at embarkation port. You can preorder a bottle of wine, spirits or soda/juice  and have it delivered to your cabin for consumption on board. You can also order the bottomless bubbles pkg (a couple $ cheaper to preorder) which is the unlimited soda or the cheers pkg (liquor incl soda), also a few $ cheaper to preorder or purchase once you are on ship. If you buy any spirits in the Fun Shops once on board, they hold it until the end of the cruise. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.