1) Anyone that has done the Eastern from Miami - i'm interested in what excursions you've tried and if you recommend. Keep in mind our family consists of: mom, dad, kid 1 is 17 boy, kid 2 is 14 girl, kid 3 is 9 girl ;) they like the water and adventure. Trying to decide which ports to spend extra$ for a great excursion and which to save a bit and just head to a beach or something "cheaper". Ports are St Thomas (been there before, did Coki beach and the aquarium); Tortola (never been) and Nassau (been and not that excited about).
2) we are booked in 13413 and 13417 inside adjoining... we are considering upgrading one to a balcony for a cost of about $800(Canadian) more total but it would not be right beside or across... it would be on the same deck and same forward position on the boat. Splitting the family between 2 rooms as we are 5 and didn't want to stuff us into a family oceanview (wanted that extra bathroom mostly).
3) does anyone know how much extra FOOD REPUBLIC is if you have the dining package? I know 2 of my 3 kids are going to want to try the sushi out there.
4) Recommendations for a nice hotel (at a reasonable price) to stay at near port of Miami as we will arrive a day early... it is early January.
5) when the teens are at the waterslides and the 9 yr old is hanging at the kids club - where are the adults only areas to lounge around and possibly swim or cool off? I've read about Haven (which we are not doing) and "The Vibe" which only a select amount of passengers can buy into by racing to be the first in line - not my style - i'm not in the mood to rush onto the boat to pay extra for a secluded adult hang out. Is there other spots where we can escape when we are "kid free" for an hour or two :)