JCOAKML
Contributor Level: Captain

230,000 GT Symphony of the Seas

Coming April 2018, 230,000 GT Symphony of the Seas.

Question:  Is RCCL gettting carried away?  I think these mega-ships are too big.  Although I do confess I haven't sailed on one yet.  

The ships in the 100,000+ GT range are just fine with me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/news/new-royal-caribbean-cruise-ship-to-be-the-worlds-largest-cruise-ship/

Tags: Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas

5 Answers

DVCruise

I agree ... 5400 people is a lot of passengers ...

JusMe
Contributor Level: Admiral

Largest ship to date I have been on was Adventure Of The Sea's 137 GT and 3,114 gust.    I liked that ship a lot.  I have not been on any of the Mega-ships I just do not have interest on any of them.  I will be on the Vista in a couple weeks and will see how I like it at about 4,000 guest and in 135 tons.......so 2 tons smaller and about 900 more guest...... it may get cozy.

AuntPinkie

Apparently, cruising is becoming the "thing" to do.  I guess I can't complain since we enjoy it so much.... but is bigger really better?

glomarrone
Contributor Level: Admiral

M y to favorite hips are The Oasis & The Allure.  I guess that this answers your question.  I like that there are so many dining, activities and entertainment options. 

BAK1061

Pretty soon the ships will carry more passengers than the islands they sail to have residents.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.