1st Transatlantic Cruise

We just booked our 1st transatlantic cruise on 4/5-4/20/18 on RCC Brilliance of the Seas. Ports are Azores, Dublin, Cork, Waterford and Amsterdam. I have a couple questions:

1. Are visas required or are passports sufficient?

2. Any advice for excursions? I notice there aren't any in Cork? Is there a way to Blarney Castle?

That is all I can think of now...am sure there will be more later. TIA

Have a great day!

Tags:

9 Answers

Excursions for a cruise that far in the future may not be set up yet by the Cruiseline, so keep checking as you get a few months out. As for the visas, the Cruiseline will list the required documents on their website or you can check with your travel agent if that is how you booked your cruise. 

You won't need a visa for any of these ports.  We will be in Dublin & Rotterdam in August.  There really are no excursions in Rotterdam.  Ship-sponsored excursions usually go into Amsterdam.  There is a Hop On Hop Off bus that stops near the terminal, which is what we probably will do.  There are bus tours locally also. We hired a driver when we were in Cork.   

Last year there was a free bus, sponsored by the city, in Rotterdam. Two stops: the market and the city center. Go to the market and taste the sausages, cheeses, Have some raw herring. Go see the tilted cube houses. Take a waterbus.

In Dublin, take a walking tour of the city, or get an excursion to New Grange - a UNESCO world heritage site with mounds from prehistoric age. Visit Kilmarnam Prison and learn about the days under English rule. tramp around Trinity College and see the Book of Kells.

Cork is quite a distance from Blarney. Closer is Kinsale harbour, Ring of Kerry..

Amsterdam - it depends if your port is actually Amsterdam or whether it is Ijmuiden. In A;dam, walk off the ship, get a map and discover on your own. Take a canal-boat tour. See the red-light district. 

Last year there was a free bus, sponsored by the city, in Rotterdam. Two stops: the market and the city center. Go to the market and taste the sausages, cheeses, Have some raw herring. Go see the tilted cube houses. Take a waterbus.

In Dublin, take a walking tour of the city, or get an excursion to New Grange - a UNESCO world heritage site with mounds from prehistoric age. Visit Kilmarnam Prison and learn about the days under English rule. tramp around Trinity College and see the Book of Kells.

Cork is quite a distance from Blarney. Closer is Kinsale harbour, Ring of Kerry..

Amsterdam - it depends if your port is actually Amsterdam or whether it is Ijmuiden. In A;dam, walk off the ship, get a map and discover on your own. Take a canal-boat tour. See the red-light district. 

Thanks everyone! I just can't imagine going to Ireland and not go to Blarney Castle and kissing the Blarney Stone...hope that isn't too corny. Wink

I agree. We were just in Cobh/Cork and Princess had a shore excursion that took you to Blarney Castle. However, the ship docks right at the train station. you can get to the castle on your own if you want. We did not go to the castle but did take the train into Cork. I think i still have a picture i took of the schedule and it stated how to get to the castle. If I find it I will post it. Enjoy your cruise!!! 

Well I found faster than I thought. This was posted right a the train station. Granted things may change but this hopefully gives you some info

Bubba 54..Thanks so much for all the info!!! I really appreciate it!

Geema, you are more than welcome. In Cobh, there is Titanic experience walking distance from the ship. It is in the original White Star building. It is a little cheesy but we enjoyed it. Cobh was the Titanic's last stop before heading to New York. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.