1960's theme cruise

I was born in the late 1960's but it's my mom's big decade and so I've always been interested.  Anyone like the idea of a 1960's theme cruise?  What all should we have?  

1960's concert posters and signs all over the place, pet rocks for sale, and lots of Lava Lamps.  Would they allow Lava Lamps on a cruise ship?

9 Answers

I don't know about the Lava Lamp being allowed on ship.  I do like the idea of a '60 theme cruise.  Perhaps there should be a sock hop?

Late 50s sock hop theme cruise? I would love it!

Not so much the 60s -- I never was much of a Flower Child!Yummy

If it is the 60's...... American Muscle Cars...... Shrink to fit 501's, Desert boots, music  and lets not forget the Formal days of cruising with 5 star service, food and enforced dress code.

(I think the innerwebz is eating my posts -- this is the second one I've had to redo)

I think that your and my idea of the 60s is a bit different. I'm thinking:

Woodstock Free Love "Hair" Hippies

Somehow I cannot reconcile that with enforced dress codes!Big Smile

Well those were part of the 60's,  but there was still the tamer parts and in the 60's cruising was a well to do persons vacation before"The Fun Ship" got its start.

Perhaps I would enjoy it!

Vietnamese food ?

a Unisphere

Tablecloths in the dining room every evening......

My Aunt and Uncle used to cruise in the 60's on the Matson Line (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFCPHQzCpj8).   Uncle Mike would say "If I took out a smoke,  a hand with a lighter would pop out of a wall and light it before I could"   That was what service used to be like on a good line.  My Aunt would say that she had to pack multiple suitcases for all the evening dresses she needed for a long cruise since she could not wear the same dress twice and how easy men have it to pack 1 Tux and a few shirts. 

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.