December 2013 - Norwegian Star to Mexico
1) Staterooms with balcony was much smaller in comp. with the Royal Caribbean (RC ) and Carnival (C). Big disappointment
2) $119 charge for using the spa was a big time customer rip off. RC and C and two other cruise companies that I had so far never ever charge guests for spa
3) I believe that NCL is the only cruise company in the world who charges $5 for serving pizza. Extremely disappointing
4) Pool temp was freezing cold while they advertised falsely as 82 deg.
5) The “free style” term was used as an excuse to lower the level of service to customers to bare minimum. No midnight buffet with ice sculptures, fruit curving,…. No visit to the kitchen. No dinner time entertainment with is common to almost all cruise lines
6) The entertainment was all about two magicians who ran the show for 7 nights, repeating the same scenarios over and over and over. Extremely boring and unprofessional. I suggest that the cruise director “Candy” pay a visit to RC and C to see what they provide for their Christmas cruises. She would be very surprised
7) The crews were generally polite and friendly expect the photo dept who were rude with big time attitude.
8) The only advantage that I noticed in comparing NCL with others was the food quality.
9) Dining room service was OK but it took forever to have dinner. Very abnormal.
10) There are many other issues which take forever to mention them here