I didn't rate this cruise the max because I found several things that disturbed me for being the first time I travel with Carnival lines. My travel agent got me a better room the same day I boarded but Carnival did not update their records and that caused about a 2 to 3 hr delay in proper room accommodation and some frustration. If it were not for my travel agent, Sara Mae at Cruises Only who followed up in every moment I would have not had enjoyed my trip.
1. I found the direct customer service personnel somewhat lacking that personal interest to resolve the customers situation. They resolved the problem but only after constant insistent. Seems like they were lacking apathy. On the other hand, in the areas of food and room service quite the opposite was the case. These people always had a smile on the faces. They were extreamly helpful and happy to serve. COMMUNICATION in the cabin with daily activities and on Load Speakers were excellent.
2. Activities - At night were very well planned in the music area were very nice but the day activities could be more oriented to senior people who dont like loud music oriented for the younger crowd. I wanted to play pin-pon, but with only two tables it was never available. Maybe there should be a schedule to make an appt to play or open more tables.
3. Facilities - Two small pools seems to be inadaquette. Swimming is impossible and even getting inside the pool or jacuzzi is stuffing. Thank God for the two jacuzzi in the back deck away from the main stream and load music. A quick pool would be nice. Another problem I found were the elevators. They were confusing and most of the people admitted to be lost and disoriented. Maybe being more clear with directional signs would help young and old from getting lost. The most upper deck seems to be for children only except for the walk/ jog path. Maybe reconsideration of more useful space could be made like large pool or more pin-pon tables. It seemed to be waited space.
4. Would I sail again with Carnival? Maybe, if the price was right. Other wide no. I would check out the competition.
5. As to who I would recommend this cruise to. Young people and anybody that loves the pure pleasure of eating a veriety of food abundantly.
Every Wednesday you'll receive the latest articles, deals, and news from the Cruiseline.com team, plus tips and photos submitted by our vibrant community of diehard cruisers. You'll also get a free gift — a downloadable, printable PDF of our guide to cruising!
Sign up for weekly cruise deals.
Join other subscribers and get the best cruise deals of the week in your inbox every Thursday.