January 2016 - 21 Night Western Mediterranean & Canary Islands (Barcelona Roundtrip) Cruise on Norwegian Epic
The price got our attention for this cruise since it was such a good deal. If we had paid more, we would have not been pleased.
The Epic is a HUGE ship that seems to be not well thought out given the number of guests that it carries.
- The decor and cleanliness of the ship are excellent
- The cabin was very comfortable (large balcony - deck 9)
- The food and service were generally not bad
- The ports of call were great and were an excellent experience for us
- Entertainment required reservations but were quickly filled up
- The desserts and the coffee were not up to par
- The "Ultimate Beverage Package" did not cover many things
such as specialty coffee, fresh-squeezed juice or bottled water
- The O'Sheehan's restaurant was a big disappointment - poor service and
low quality food (the prime rib was the exception - it was great)
- Nearly every port required a "transfer" to get to the city or attractions
- Shore excursions seemed very over-priced
(booked tours from non-NCL sources except for one)
Overall, we will continue to cruise with NCL, but not on the Epic or similarly over-sized ships.