February 2016 - Marina to South Pacific - Australia
Over all the cruise was OK. The food was very good and had a good variety. The bands, piano player and stringed group were very good. The staff was great. Service was great. The production shows, solo singers and magician were not up to par. Cooking classes were very good as well as the wine pairing seminars. The casino was just OK. 3 to 4 machines were out of service and 3 to 4 continually broke down, but the casino staff were very helpful in all areas. For the most part, docking was in the harbor and we had to be tendered to shore. When docked, the docks were working docks, filled with containers, etc. We were able to take 5 of the 6 shore tours booked. Norfolk Island was canceled due to rough seas. The tours were for the most part, way over valued (expensive). 3 of the 5 tours did not meet advertised expectations, one of which was so bad, they should give us all our money back.
- Moorea Island Highlights - Just OK. Hard to understand the tour guide
- Le Truck Island tour - Bad - should not be called a tour. didn't see much, very few views, couldn't understand the guide
- Pago Pago Eastside and Downtown - Terrible, terrible, terrible. No views, stopped at family craft spot, visited a beach that was nothing but a coral wading area where several people were cut and no entertainment as advertised. Should get our money back.
- Nadi Sightseeing - Good tour, nice views and good stops, good tour guide
- City Sights and harbor cruise - Good tour. Great views of all aspects of the harbor and a very informative bus tour of the city with good stops along the way. Good tour guide.