August 2016 - 7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip) Cruise on Norwegian Jewel
40th Anniversary Cruise was Great!
NCL did a great job on the celebration of our 40th wedding anniversary!
A lot of very nice little touches to make the overall experience memorable:
- Celebration cake and song after our anniversary dinner in one of the specialty restaurants;
- Very attentive room steward took care of all of our needs. Constantly made sure our room was made up and always a ready source of information about all things related to the cruise and the ship;
- So many dining options we ate dinner at a different themed restaurant every night of the cruise but one;
- Always plenty of options for "freestyle" breakfast and lunch;
- Loved the after dinner/evening entertainment: Karaoke, dancing, lounge singers, stage performances... all very professional...stayed up to midnight practically every night as we wanted to take it all in;
- Shore excursions were very well coordinated and 100% worth the trip. When one of our excursions was cancelled (due to weather) our shore excursion director got us on another one asap which turned out better than the one we had picked!
- Alaska is, of course, is magnificent for its vast wilderness and memorable in itself. But our greatest memories will be for the things we did that we never did before: Helicopter ride over mountains, glaciers and fiords; landing & walking on a glacier; dog sledding; and, a train ride into Yukon wilderness...all unique life experiences which could only be experienced in Alaska!
- There was a chapel on the ship but no priest on board which would have been an appropriate accommodation as the cruise was during a Catholic holy day. We did find out that other cruise lines had made this accommodation.
Over all we had a great time and would recommend it to everyone!