Statement from Cruiseline.com Regarding Our April Fool's Article

In celebration of April Fool’s Day on Monday, April 1, Cruiseline.com posted an article, “Carnival Cruise Line to Charge Passengers Who Gain Weight During Their Cruise.” Carnival Cruise Line was in no way affiliated with the writing or posting of this article. We love Carnival, and we love cruising and we sincerely apologize to anyone upset by our prank.

-   Faraz Qureshi, General Manager, Cruiseline.com

16 Comments

Posted by Frequentgirl

this perhaps had to be the most ludicrous thing i have read today or ever - not funny when people have medical problems...glad it is just a joke, even if its a stupid one for that matter. surprised you couldn't come up with something more creative and one that is not so sensitive especially when health problems can cause over or under weight. come on Carnival- get more creative. you can do better LOL LOL LOL

Posted by Papas

Good one. Forgot all about April Fool's Day.

Posted by khwoods

LOL Love the thought put into this.

Posted by Annoyed

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. How dare you have the audacity to think you have any right to do this. People that cruise pay more than enough money to compensate for what they eat. This is just another reason why people wont be going on your cruise line and it won't be long and you will be bankrupt. Will NEVER cruise with you. Your line has the worst reputation anyway and now you're gonna do this? SMH

Posted by AGRoy

Yeah, you totally got me. Great writing! LMAO! Happy April Fool's Day! Ya fooled me!

Posted by Munkiebyte

Although it is the spirit of the season (aka April Fools), The actual topic within the joke and the article displayed several comments of body shamming. This can be not only as offensive, but it does put a potential risk of the cruises present and future clientele. This might need to be reassessed before this blows up into a media extravaganza.

Posted by CruiseStudio

Well, I'd probably had to have paid the Fatter to the Fun. Since I usually worry about the weight after the cruise and before the next one. I found this to be humorous - a bit sassy and tart. Hey, from a cruiseline that has changed so much over the decades, from Tenders to Water Taxis before long they'll change Embark and Disembark to "Get on Our Ship" and "Get off our Ship ports!" lol - I mean, gotta make it simple for the masses right? I sell cruises for a living... but I'll be honest... Carnival is still my favorite next to the newer Bahamas Paradise, HAL and Princess. Each one is perfect for whatever mood I'm in.

Posted by HarborHo

Munkiebyte.......walk away from the buffet. Who knew obesity could make people so sensitive!

Posted by Marie702

Got me! Those that are complaining obviously haven't read the entire post.

Posted by Carnival4me

WOW...Some of you guys need to get over yourselves...this is some funny stuff!! Great job Carnival!! Love cruising with you and will again and again.....keep it fun and get rid of the jerks such as the ones above....we don't need them on our "Fun Ship" See you soon!!

Posted by Mogooder44

Wow!!!! April Fools joke!!!!! This is funnnny!!!! Love Cruisin' with Carnival!!!!

Posted by FoodIsMedicine

Not funny. Any idea about how prevalent eating disorders are? Any idea how hard it is to get help for sufferers? Very poor excuse for humour.

Posted by IMNotarobot

Hey, everyone, lighten up...in every sense of those words! I, 4/1, found this April Fool’s prank clever and funny. And almost believable. Bravo!

Posted by foxscullyus

I for one will never use Carnival again. It takes long enough to get on and off the ships as it is, then do this? How dumb is Carnival cruise lines. You have lost the customer.

Posted by Foolhardy

Wow.. there are so many more stupid people in this world than I first thought. Lol

Posted by SimonCommunity

In celebration of April Fool’s Day on Monday, April 1, we posted an article “Carnival Cruise Line to Charge Passengers Who Gain Weight During Their Cruise.” Carnival Cruise Line was in no way affiliated with the writing or posting of this article. We love Carnival, and we love cruising and we sincerely apologize to anyone upset by our prank. - Faraz Qureshi, General Manager, Cruiseline.com