October 2015 - Norwegian Getaway to Caribbean - Eastern
Went on the Norwegian Getaway October 3rd to October 10th 2015. I will share our top three likes and top three dislikes.
1. Cabin-we had an ocean view facing the front of the ship. It was pretty spacious and well laid out. Small complaint was lack of shelves to place clothing.
2. Vibe Beach Club-Well worth the money, although they increased he price from $79.99 to $99.99. I am almost afraid to share how nice this area was for fear of too much competition to get passes:) It was a first come first served purchase, and they sell out fast.
3. Howl at the Moon dueling piano show entertainers were amazing!!
1. Casino-Too split up and in a central pass through. It was distracting to have children, strollers, and people who don't gamble wandering all through the casino while gambling. Too noisy and busy.
2. Photographers-they stationed the photographers right in the central throughfares every evening, so as you were walking to dinner, or entertainment, you had to either wait or worry about getting in the photos inadvertently. Very frustrating.
3. Pool-The main pool area and pool is ridiculously small and very poorly laid out. Thank goodness we had the Vibe passes, that's all I can say.
Excursions-We did not do any ship sponsored excursions, but I will share the excursions we did do.
1. St. Thomas-We took the ferry over to Water Island and rented a Golf Cart for the day from Kelly's Rental Carts. We went to Honeymoon Beach and then toodled around the island for the day, Great Fun!!
2. Tortola-Booked a power boat trip with Joe from Patouche Tours and went snorkeling at Peter Island and then swimming and drinking at Jost van Dyke. (soggy dollar bar). Awesome day...Joe is awesome!
3. Nasseau-We bought day passes to Melia Beach Resort and took a cab to and from. Very easy to get a cab to and from. Beach resort was nice with a pool and nice beach and chairs, etc, and lunch included was nothing special, but it worked.