We brought a couple that had never been on a cruise before and, although we were disappointed, we didn't let hem know. Reasons:
1. Just not quite there. Examples: Food in Azura the first night wasn't up to your past standards. Overcooked, dry flounder - no sauce - a couple of limp arugula leaves on top. Others at the table were not impressed. Service was slow, even tho the restaurant was not full, preventing us from getting to the show on time. No coffee refills. Food in Moderno was barely OK. Latitudes "party" was one glass of wine and a couple of cheese squares. Room was not dusted when we arrived, and we asked for extra coffee packets when we got in. Coffee pot was GREAT and we thank you for that, but she never replaced packets for the rest of the trip or refilled the ice bucket at night. We had to go out looking for those items when we returned to the room at night. All of these things, taken together, were disappointing.
2. Staff was very friendly wherever we went on the ship.
3. There must be a way to coordinate so two ships aren't disgorging passengers at once. We have cruised on Norwegian many times and have chosen it because it is smaller, but we ended up in Vancouver getting off with all the passengers on Ruby Princess. A total mess.
4. The shows aren't much fun anymore. The comic/magician the last nite was fun, but what happened to the great shows you used to have?
5. Then there is room service and the charge for that....Norwegian is just not fun anymore.