Empress of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 night getaway

Sail Date: November 28, 2016

Since this was such a short cruise I tried an inside cabin on 7th deck. The room was tiny but quiet and good location. It would be very cramped for 2. Anyway, the ship is small and definitely older but a good value for a few days away. The shows were good and the dancing OK  but not a good choice for a longer vacation. The casino is non smoking, tiny and has air conditioning issues.

The food was very good in the dining room and my waiters were excellent. I will mention that I had 6 pm time and I was seated at a table for 10 by myself. It didn't bother me too much as I had the fastest service. The buffet was mediocre  (worst burger meat, unedible) but the salads were good. I had the deluxe drink package and enjoyed the specialty coffee and lots of adult beverages.

Coco Cay is very nice, I rented the clamshell loungers but didn't really need it as there were plenty of lounge chairs. The water is very nice but shallow -a little too cool to swim but a great day on the beach with the sunshine. The drink in the pineapple was great although not easy to carry or walk with lol. I did the Fish Fry tour in Nassau just to get off the ship and it was cheap and OK. It was beautiful weather.

This was a really good short vacation on a small, uneventful ship with great service . I enjoyed it.

Solo it was fine but small. No camera view on cabin TV
Children's Programs N/A
Miami, Florida
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Very nice and you can enjoy the beach day without an excursion charge

Good value for a short vacation