Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Amazing Service

Sail Date: December 28, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Despite weather delays (obviously not something Carnival can control), they were amazing at communicating what was going on, they changed up the schedule to still fit everything in despite the weather delays, and the service everywhere on the ship was amazing! Loved it! We'll definately cruise with them again! Happy

Despite close quarters for a family of 4, this room was really great, and the balcony made it not feel quite so crowded. It was always clean, and the housekeeping staff were all great!
Like I said before, was hoping for more productions. Looking at your website, there were many exciting shows in your wheelhouse, but I guess those were on other ships because I did not see them in the fun times schedules that I got.
I really thought there would be more shows (like big production, rather than bingo, line dancing and the dating game - thought that one was funny). I absolutely love family friendly comedy, but I was disappointed that one of the comedians did the exact same jokes at his second show, so we left mid way through after hearing a repeat of everything we had heard from his previous show. (BT was great, it was the Italian/Irish guy that did the repeat performance.)
I don't recall his name, but the lead housekeeper on deck 11 was amazing! He greated us by name any time we were in the hall when he was in the hall, and the room was always perfect. Great service!!!!

Also, there was one waitress that was just amazing in the Lincoln Dining room, she was a head waitress I think maybe from the Phillipines, and I think her name was Divina or something close to that. She was spot on with everything! Very attentive, pleasant, great service! Those two people alone made the whole cruise experience worth doing again, but others gave great service too. It was a great experience all around!
Galveston, Texas
If you have time, you should check out Moody Gardens. It's worth seeing.
If you go someplace from the port, don't wait in the insane long taxi line, walk a block looking at shops and then hail a taxi down the road with no line at all.
Progreso (Merida), Mexico