I had a great time on my cruise this year. Our cabin steward was FANTASTIC... We were in room #8294 and our steward was SUSILA....he had us call him
"S". S worked diligently on keeping our room clean, but he also made sure that my small cooler (for Diet Soda not on the ship) always had ice. We also had a problem with our shower drain overflowing and he had a service team work on it immediately. S also showed professionalism by introducing himself the first day, he also ALWAYS knew our first names... Good Morning Ms Bonnie where is Mr Larry or Mr Larry how are you today? This man needs to be recognized as a true asset to CARNIVAL..... Now on the other hand, our waiter at the dinner wasn't the best... but he was overloaded with too many tables... did not know our names, nor did we know his...........Food was excellent though
The service of the housekeeping Department was wonderful .however the kitchen staff and the servers seemed to be in going all different directions, not one person stayed with the table they were all over the place. The food left much to be desired. the desserts were dry most of the time either under or overcooked the entrees we're boring nothing special. some of it was very tasteless. The entertainment was the worst I have ever been on in any cruise I have been on and I've been cruising for over 20 years. the show the first night was fair but everything after that was just really downhill. I think this will be my last Carnival Cruise. I don't mean to be picky or belittle anyone but overall the cruise itself was poor. My husband said he was glad he wasn't able to go at the last minute, he would have been just angry at the whole thing especially when we only got $65 back for his ticket and we were within the time limit to get a refund.
We had a great time, enjoyed meeting new friends. First 7 day cruise we have been on and thought the time went by very fast. Enjoyed the food and drinks served. The first two comedians we saw were better than the second two that came on board. Dan and Manny were both very funny. Planning already for next year, probably will sail on Carnival again.
This will be my last carnival cruise. I have had other cruises and carnival does not compare as far as quality goes. Food is of a poor quality compared to other cruises. The music on the ship is loud and not enjoyable. Music is good but loud is not better. Poor on ship activities .
This is my first Carnival Cruise, but I am a frequent cruiser on many other cruise lines. While I am rating the cruise as "good", I definitely found most aspects of the trip to be below what I have found on other ships. The food was "okay", the crew was "okay" (except the bartenders in the casino who were really slow), and the physical layout of the ship was "okay". The lack of shows was unacceptable. I really think more has to be offered than Bingo and Trivia in the main theater.
Our suitcase was crushed as it was loaded on the ship. We talked to customer service and was told that it was still usable so they could do nothing for us. Luckily we had driven and didn't have to take it on an airplane as it was impossible to extend the handle. It was not a new suitcase but it is no longer usable to fly. The cruise itself was very nice and the food was very good. Dining staff was great.
1) There was a lot of food but it didn't taste that great; most people just left it on their plates once they tried it.
2) The daily brochure with the activities stated that there was eat at your own time at the Lincoln. Nevertheless, when we showed up they did not want to seat us. When they finally gave us a seat, they made it seem like they did us a favor and that they would not do it again, even though next days brochure said it could be done; we never went back.
3) First day I am taking a nap, housekeeping starts knocking, I wake up to open up and they wan't to chat me up. I understand he didn't know I was sleeping but once I made it clear, he should have stopped wanting to talk and leave me alone.
4) Two nights before last we put a do not disturb/snoozing sign. In the afternoon we get a card under our door saying that housekeeping had passed by, and that they would not disturb us. Then at 10:00pm cruise security knocks on the door in a cop-like manner saying that they had to checkup on us because we had not wanted housekeeping to service the room.
5) 97 % of guests are american. There is not a single white, black or hispanic employee working on the ship. They like american money but don't employ a single american person.
6) Some staff lacks dominion of English language.
This is my first cruise, so I do not know if this is normal.
Everything was great. Food and amenities were awesome. Stateroom was quite adequate and cozy. Internet service was very good. Very pleased with the television channels, very informative. Disembarkation was smooth and orderly. Loved the Ivanhoe Theater and shows. Crew was over the top friendly and helpful. Our excursions were ok, but especially liked St.John.
This trip was amazing. The crew was friendly and accommodating. The ship was very clean, and there was a ton of activities. The only thing I would have changed about this booking was the flight. Our experiences with American Airlines was an absolute nightmare. (no fault of Carnival)
*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.