Family w/older children
Verified Review | Ship: Carnival Fascination | Sail Date: Jul 10, 2014
In general, the cruise was excellent. Some significant changes are needed.
1. The embarkation was poorly orchestrated in many areas. Perhaps lengthening the process would help. Many passengers were confused.
2. The food, meals, service, after-hours availability were excellent. Choices were wide and well prepared, service was excellent.
3. Cabin service, clenliness, linen and towels were always clean and nicely done. The young lady we had for cabin service was exceptional. Polite, efficient, helpful.
4. The Off-the-ship events/tours were a distinct failure for us. For example, we bought 4 tickets for the Glass Bottom Boat, and our young son really wanted to go snorkeling. So we managed to change one ticket for him. The womay who sold us the ticket never asked, never alerted us that children HAD to be 18 y.o. or older to go by themseves. We have 2 minor children, leading to a hasty and confusing disaster of trying to change MY Glass Bottom Boat ticket to the snorkling boat, as the escorting adult. The snorkling itself was very good, and our son really enjoyed it. Bus transport was rather confusing, trying to determine which bus was going back to our ship.
5. The debarkation exercise was modeled after a poorly executed Chinese Fire Drill. None of the staff seemed to know what, where, when we would depart. We ended up sitting well over an hour.after our deck debarkation was announced. The elevators and stairs were jam-packed, which lead to the question: What would have happened if the passengers (and crew) had to leave the ship ASAP in an emergency? More communication and more efficient debarking is necessary. Perhaps hiring a few ex-military would help, such as First Seargents and Warrent Officers.